The applicant informed the Tribunal that their concerns regarding these approvals remain unchanged. They provided the following reasons for having to withdraw their Leave to Appeal application:
1. They explain that they have not yet received copies of the instruments issued by the Director, which are the subject of the applications, despite having requested these documents on December 20, 2006, as per the direction of the Ministry of Environment Approvals Branch staff.
2. They have not yet received a response to an Access to Information Request through which they hope to obtain information they feel is required to support their Application for Leave to Appeal.
3. The information provided by the proponent for their review was extremely limited.
4. The applicant explains that they were not provided with the information noted immediately above, but rather, were provided with an opportunity to view the information at the North Bay office of the Ministry of Environment, with an explicit prohibition on either copying or transcribing any of the material.
5. In a letter to the applicant, dated December 21, 2006, the Tribunal requested that the applicant provide eight items of information in support of the Application for Leave to Appeal, by January 5th, 2007, a date which was later extended to January 15th, 2007.
6. For the reasons noted above, the applicant indicates that they are unable to provide several of the requested information pieces.
The full text of the decision is available by accessing the Environmental Review Tribunal's Web Site on the Internet at the following address - www.ert.gov.on.ca - Click on the "decisions" icon. The decision may be downloaded in portable document format (PDF).