To help guide the development of recommendations on modernizing intercity bus services, the province is seeking feedback on the questions below. The questions are organized based on your experience with intercity buses. Please answer the questions under the heading that best applies to you.
I travel on intercity buses
1. Why do you take the bus instead of another mode of transportation (e.g., personal vehicle, plane, train, etc.)?
2. Please describe a typical intercity bus trip for you, for example:
• name of the intercity bus provider;
• frequency (how often do you take the bus);
• number of people travelling; and/or
3. What do you like the most/least about intercity bus services in your community?
4. Please specify the location of your community.
5. What changes to intercity bus service, if any, would encourage you to take the bus more frequently (e.g., better connections, online services, etc.)?
I do not travel on intercity buses
1. What prevents you from using intercity bus services (e.g., cost, inconvenience, general perception of intercity bus travel, other, etc.)?
2. What changes to intercity bus service, if any, would encourage you to take the bus?
3. If a regularly scheduled bus service were to be set up to a community you travel to frequently, how likely would you be to use it?
4. Please specify the location of your community and the desired destination(s).
I am an intercity bus operator
1. Do you have future plans to expand services and/or make changes to your business model? Please specify.
2. What, if anything, has prevented you from implementing new services and/or attempting new business models?
3. What changes would improve the intercity bus operating environment in Ontario?
Do you have any other comments on intercity bus service that are not covered above that you would like to share with the ministry at this time?