IAMGOLD Corporation has submitted a Mine Closure Plan for filing by ENDM as required under the Mining Act. This Closure Plan proposes rehabilitation measures to be implemented upon the eventual closure of IAMGOLD Corporation’s Côté Gold Project. The rehabilitation work to be conducted will include the rehabilitation of disturbed lands, mine rock area, tailings management facility, waste piles, settling ponds and polishing ponds; the removal of temporary structures, the levelling of concrete foundations and the flooding of the open pit. The Mine Closure Plan describes rehabilitation measures for the mine features and provides financial assurance for closing out of all such features to prescribed standards.
The following are the major components of this Closure Plan as proposed by IAMGOLD Corporation:
• Open pit ~145 hectares (ha), Mine rock area ~ 300 ha
• Overburden stockpile, Medium and low grade ore stockpiles, run of mine stockpile
• Ore processing plant, primary and secondary crushers
• Tailings management facility (TMF)
• Mine water pond, seepage collection ponds, TMF pond and reclaim pond, polishing pond
• Pipelines types include: freshwater, tailings slurry, reclaim water, discharge
• Rerouting of Chester access road, establishment of internal haul and service roads
• Demolition landfill, sewage treatment plant
• 115kV transmission lines between the project site and the Shining Tree distribution station- 44 km along an existing 44 km corridor.
• Watercourse realignments
• Associated buildings: garage, warehouse, explosive, manufacturing, storage etc